News! Dementia Awareness Week
- Created: Monday, 15 May 2017 14:21
Awareness week boost for Dementia Friendly Community bid
A coffee morning, information sessions and virtual tours are among the events lined up in South Derbyshire as part of Dementia Awareness Week 2017.
The programme of activities is part of the Districts commitment to becoming a Dementia Friendly Community, which means putting in place strategies that improves inclusion and quality of life for those living with dementia, their families, friends and carers.
Richmond retirement village in Aston on Trent, plans to do its bit for Dementia Awareness week by turning the village blue through encouraging villagers to tie blue ribbons to properties, fences, trees, lamposts and shops. They will also be hosting Dementia Friends Information Sessions throughout the week.
A 'Virtual Dementia Tour' will visit Aston on Friday 19 May, where people will be given the chance to step inside the life of someone living with dementia via the use of virtual reality.
This will be heklp at the All Saints Heritage Centre, there will be three 2.5 hour tours between 9:30am and 5:15pm, with 12 places available on each therefore booking is essential.
- For events happening in Derbyshire and Derby city click here.
- For events happening in Amber Valley click here.
- For events organised by Derbyshire County Council and partners Making Space and Alzheimers Society click here.
- For events in North East Derbyshire click here.