First Farm Steps
- Created: Tuesday, 08 February 2011 11:06
About First Farm Steps...
This social enterprise, based on eight acres of land at Langwith, provides land-based employment, work placements, training, and volunteering opportunities for a range of people from targeted groups which include:
- Unemployed people
- Offenders and ex-offenders
- Ex-service personnel with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Young people that are not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- People with mental ill health
- People with physical health problems
- People with a learning disability
The Working Neighbourhoods Fund was used to secure the site with fencing and to cover the costs of skilled and experienced staff to complete the initial stages of operation. Any income generated from activity such as the sale of produce, commissioned placements, training delivery, feed-in to the national grid from photovoltaics (solar power), green tourism, and philanthropic shares is put back into the business for the benefit of the community.